Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm finally back online!!! I've been out of town lately, but I've been painting. And, when I returned home, my modem died. So, now I have a new modem and I've posted all the paintings I've done.


PEANUT BUTTER CUP 1/8/08
oil on canvas, appr 5"x7"

This is a piece of candy left from Christmas. No, I didn't eat it.



MY CUP 1/7/08
oil on canvas, appr 5"x7"

This is a piece of one of my favorite coffee cups and its reflection. My mother brought it to me from a trip to Colorado several years ago. I dropped it and broke it recently.



PARTY MIX 1/6/08
oil on canvas, appr 5"x7"

This is some party mix. Very tasty!


CHRISTMAS CANDY WITH TREE 1/5/08
oil on canvas, appr 4"x6"

Here is more peppermint candy. This one is soft and chewy and so brightly colored.



COWBOY SUV 1/4/08
oil on canvas, appr 4"x6"

I painted this enroute to our home. It is a little car that has a Dallas Cowboy helmet on the side. My husband has it mounted in his pick up truck.




MARY 12/3/08
oil on canvas, appr 7"x5"

This is a little statue of the Virgin Mary that belongs to my sister-in -law.


SALT SHAKER 1/2/08
oil on canvas, appr 7"x5"

This a salt shaker my sister-in-law had on her kitchen table.


CARNATIONS AND ROSES 1/1/08
oil on canvas, appr 9"x12

Today, New Year's Day, I painted part of my sister-in-law's cut flower arrangement and added my own touch.


THREE MEXICAN AVOCADOS 12/31/07
oil on canvas, appr 9"x12"

Today, New Year's Eve, we went to Mexico to shop. Among other things, we bought a bag of avocados. Since it's against the law to bring the seeds across the border, the venders cut open all the avocados and place a slice of jalapeno pepper in the cavity. The jalapeno keeps them from turning brown.




PEPPERMINT CRUNCH 12/30/07
oil on canvas, appr 5"x7"

I love peppermint in any form.



SWEET BREAD 12/29/07
oil on canvas, appr 5"x7"

This jelly roll slice was among an assortment of sweet breads (cookies and cakes) we bought at a bakery in La Feria.



MESQUITE GROVE 12/28/08
oil on canvas, appr 4"x6"

I painted this scene while en route to the Texas Valley to visit relatives. There are lots of mesquite trees there.



ORANGE BOWL WITH POPCORN 12/27/07
oil on canvas, appr 5"x7"
I made plenty of popcorn so I could eat some while I painted this.



MELT AWAY MINTS 12/26/07
oil on canvas, appr 5"x7"

These pretty candies are also very tasty.

ALMONDS AND CASHEWS 12/25/07
oil on canvas, appr 4"x8"

These nuts came from the delicious party mix my mother made.


M & Ms AND REFLECTIONS 12/24/07
oil on canvas, appr 5"x7"

These beautiful candies were brought to Christmas Eve dinner by my sister.


WALNUT AND REFLECTIONS 12/23/07
oil on canvas, appr 3"x4"

I love the challenge of painting reflections. I placed this walnut on a shiny surface in front of the window in my studio and there were reflections from some dried flowers and also from the window.


CLOUDS 12/22/07
oil on canvas, appr 4"x6

This is the way the clouds looked this morning. I invented part of the landscape, though.


MORNING SUN OVER THE ROOF TOPS 12/21/07
oil on panel, appr 9"x12"

This is a plein air painting done from my front yard. About 7:30 this morning I looked down the street and saw the sun shining on the trees over the roofs. I had to work fast to capture the light.



JUAN'S COFFEE MUG 12/20/07
oil on canvas, appr 6"x4"

This was an experiment which turned out to look somewhat cubist.


GALA APPLE 12/19/07
oil on canvas, appr 5"x6"

The beautiful colors and reflections in apples fascinate me.

ORANGE ON A BLUE PLATE 12/18/07
oil on canvas, appr 6"x6"

I enjoyed painting the beautiful colors and reflections.

POINSETTIA PEPPERS 12/17/07
oil on canvas, appr 5"x6"

This is from a plant my father gave me.


RED GOBLET 12/16/07
oil on canvas, appr 7"x5"

This pretty goblet belongs to a friend. She brought it over for me to paint.


RED APPLE 2 12/15/07
oil on canvas, appr 4"x6"

I just love painting apples!

PEPPERMINT CANDY 12/14/07
oil on canvas, appr 4"x6"
This is a piece of our Christmas candy.


ROCK STUDY WITH WATER 12/13/07
oil on canvas, appr 5"x7"

I painted this as a study for another painting. I used a photo I took near Graham.


CANDY CANES 12/12/07
oil on canvas, appr 5"x7"

These are going to be placed on our Christmas tree if I don't eat them.

ORANGE CUP 12/11/07
oil on canvas, appr 4"x6"

This is another item I rescued from the garage sale.

No comments: