Sunday, September 20, 2009

STANDING WATCH oil on canvas, 9x12

SOLD I finally have something to post!!! I'm having a lot of trouble finding enough time to paint and finish anything. But, this is finished--I think. It's a donation for our museum fundraiser. The John James Audubon exhibition opens at the Museum of East Texas this weekend and everything donated for the auction has to be about birds.

I love humming birds! A hummingbird feeder and this dreamcatcher hang about a foot outside my kitchen window, so I watch them a lot and photograph them often. This is a Ruby Throated Hummingbird. He's guarding the feeder.

2 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Beautiful. Love the delicate treatment and the soft color palette. Nice job!

Ann Reyes said...

Thanks, Gwen! I love watching the tiny little hummingbirds outside my kitchen window. This one was fun to paint.