Monday, June 16, 2008

KATIE NAPPING
oil on canvas, appr 6"X6"

Yes, another palette knife painting. It's just so much fun! This is our longhaired calico cat, Katie who was taking a nap on the drawing table in my studio, so I thought I'd try to paint her from life. I knew I was taking a chance on her getting up and leaving or just changing positions, but I painted fast with the palette knife and I finished before she moved. I've always used a photo to paint animals before, but I felt adventurous this time.

2 comments:

Alex Perez pintor contemporaneo said...

Dear Ann,
Thank you for stoping by my Blog and for you wonderful comment, your painting are very nice, I hope my art bring you inspiration.
Friendly.
Alex Perez

Susan Carlin said...

Ann... I hope you stick with the palette knife approach for a while. They are so rich!